Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 ALREADY!!!!

Seriously, 2015 already!!!
How quickly did the past 12 months pass us by ?


We had a nice night ringing in the new year with some lovely friends.
We made the most of where we live & all walked to the river to watch the 9pm fireworks & then back home to count down until midnight.


I have lots of plans for the new year, how about you?


We have lots of plans for repairing & rejuvenating our home, it will be a slow & ongoing process as we will be trying ever so hard to save for each stage rather than create debt for our reno's.
So having a strict budget & sticking to it will be a priority, sounds boring I know, but it will pay off down the track.


Lucky this big guy is clever & we wont need to hire to many outside trades, I will be the chief designer & lackie whilst he does the clever stuff.


My kids all have big years ahead, full of change
No.1 is going into her 2nd year of studying Graphic Design at Billie Blue Design College & living & working in Sydney. She has really made a great life for herself & enjoys city living.
No.2 Has just completed a Cert 4 in Business Admin & is now on the lookout for employment. She has a huge list of goals to kick this year & I have no doubt she will achieve them all.
No.3 Is just about to start High School & is maturing at a rapid pace. He really is looking forward to the change & plans on tackling it with great gusto
&
No.4 goes into primary school, she really is growing up way to fast.


2014 was full of ups & downs for us, it does sometimes feel like every time we are getting ahead something changes to pull us back again. Generally after a lot of frustration, life heads in a new direction & it sorts itself out again.
Career wise this has certainly been truer than true.
I will be looking for the perfect part time job, I have no real direction there, do I return to hairdressing, look for something sales orientated in line with my last job(New Home Sales consultant), work in retail, preferably homewares or home furnishings or learn something new.
I think it will be dictated more by the work hours on offer & what works family wise rather than passion.



I have been very inconsistent with my fitness & nutrition over the past 6 months & it shows.
I feel very sluggish & my clothes have become a little to snug for comfort.
Its time to get back on track & build regular exercise back into my daily routine . I really do need to cut back on the sweet treats & wine
This may hurt.......


So to cut a long story short, my goals for 2015

Happy kids
Happy husband
Renovate our home
Save Money
Eat healthy
Exercise
Get a job
& have a few adventures along the way.

How about you, do you have any major resolutions?

Happy 2015 everyone, here's to a healthy, wealthy, smooth sailing 2015

CHEERS
Trish xx










No comments:

AddThis Smart Layers