Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Sunday, April 7, 2013

Decorating in Blue & White

Im loving all of the blue & white ginger jars, plates bowl & lamps everyone is using in their vignettes of late.
 
 
This is a true classic style when it comes to decorating, a trend that never fades.
 
Its definately nothing new & i certainly don't beleive its ever going to be old or
"so last year!"
 
 
Adding a few pieces of coral or a beautiful but sizeable sea shell gives a stylish coastal theme

 
 
Add some flowers & you can completey change the look again
 
 
 
I especially love orchids for a more formal style
 
 
Shabby chic anyone.....

 
Whether you are looking for an oriental style pattern



 


or a simple floral design, the end result is still the same....beautiful!!
 
 
 
Cup of tea anyone ?
 
 
As you can see, this is a very versatile decorating style that gives you the option of changing up your decor depending on the look & feel you are after
Coastal, country, formal or casual.
 
I will definately be seeking the perfect pieces for the dream house decor when it comes time to do the fun stuff....decorating!!!!
 
Do you have a fabulous blue & white ginger jar or an orchid in a planter pot, a tea pot would make a fabulous addition, don't you think ????
 
All images are souced from Pinterest
 
CHEERS
Trish xxx
 



12 comments:

Unknown said...

I so love that style-it is so peaceful but also beautiful. Love following your blog x

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

Love them too. I just bought a couple of ginger jars and a planter this year. They add that special something to the home xx

Natasha in Oz said...

Love all those images! I think I need to get some more blue & white goodies after seeing this!

You might like the blue & white bangles I posted on my blog today!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Kym said...

Just gorgeous Trish. I really love the second image with the coral. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thank you for providing this great post. This collection looks great and it makes any interior look fancy and modern.
subway tile

KL said...

Love these pretty images trish! I've never been a huge fan of blue and white decorating but am slowly being drawn to it after seeing lovely pics like this and others too. Might keep the Spode vase I recently bought as a gift. Lol! X kl

Ez said...

Love Love LOVE!!

Beautiful House said...

Gorgeous Trish, loving ginger jars at the moment.x

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

Amazing vignettes, I love the blue and white vases!! So pretty for spring flowers =)

xox Linda

Farmers Wifey said...

I'm a lover of green, but I really love these blue images! x

Anonymous said...

I love layering white ceramic vases, but always do adore a pretty blue and white vignette. Such a gorgeous, classic look! xx

Anna (My Design Ethos)

Melissah said...

Love them too - they are a timeless classic.

Melissah from Coastal Style & Scrapbook

AddThis Smart Layers