Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Saturday, February 2, 2013

Stylish Master Bedroom

Image via Houzz
 
We really are into some serious planning for the construction of the dream house at the moment. Actual construction may not begin until later in the year because, as you can imagine ALOT of planning needs to occur before anything on this large scale can begin.
We will be tackling this as owner/builders.
There are quotes to obtain & products to source.
Most importantly, the bank has said "go for it" & given us a list of what they require to finance us as owner builders.
 

Image via House of turquoise
 
 
The dream guy is good at this sort of thing having project managed many large scale electrical jobs as a part of his business, so really all I need to do is plan the pretty stuff. We are both very visual people so I do need to provide images of my expectations of the finished product.
I am wanting some sort of pendant light or small chandelier as bedside lighting instead of lamps & I thought these images are a great representation of that idea, especially the first pic as we will have windows either side of our bed as well!
 
 

Image via Swish & Swanky
 
I have a little silver table just like this one which I would like sitting next to a feature chair in my bedroom
 
 

Image via Centsational Girl
 
 
Once again the bedside windows, I have a similar shaped bedhead to this only in timber.
The round mirror in this image is pretty fabulous don't you think?
 
Hopefully once the house is complete there will be a few dollars left to buy some new accessories & update some of our furniture...depends on how much self control we have when selecting those fixtures & fittings I suppose !!!
 
If there is one thing I have learn't over time from blogging " details are important "
 Get the details right & you get a really beautiful end product.
I will be asking your advise as I go along just to be sure I get it right!!
 
Are you all about the details?
 
CHEERS
Trish xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting times ahead. X

Jennifer, Decorum said...

How very exciting for you Trish. I hope it all goes to plan. It takes so much effort to get it "out of the ground" (as the builders say). Your bedroom ideas look gorgeous.

Jennifer xx

Beautiful House said...

Some lovely bedroom inspiration Trish, how exciting.x

Ez said...

OH man! I LOVE the windows on either side of the bed! What do you think "dream guy" aka pesky bro in-law would say to painting his timber bed??? lol ;-)

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

I'm ALL about the details!!

B is building a house said...

Exciting stuff! Look forward to following the progress <3

AddThis Smart Layers