Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bathroom Niche...Take 2

OOPS!
This is my second attempt at this post, unfortunately the first time around I didn't have any pictures, just HTML.
Sorry if you previously popped in for some eye candy & all you got was text...I have no clue as to why this happened...one of life's little mysteries I suppose.
Unfortunately I only ended up with one pretty picture after all of that, lucky its fabulous!!!

I love the thought of a niche set into the bathroom wall to make way for some shelving. I think its a great way to soften the room.
If you re a neutral colour scheme kind of decorator  like myself, then a set of glass shelves is a great place to create a vignette, adding a pop of colour or added textural elements to the room, that is changeable whenever the restyling urge strikes.
You do experience these urges, don't you?
Ha....of course you do!!!!
Love love love it!!!
Now I love how these are accessorized, I imagine it would have a nice little inconspicuous light installed to highlight things in the evening.
Now I just have to convince the dream guy, you know, the one that will actually be doing the building, that it is worth his manpower to actually add this into the bathroom.
I can see I will be pushing the friendship A LOT in this house building process!!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx

 

7 comments:

Laura said...

Trish, looks like your pics havent come up... hope you can sort it!! hope youre having a good weekend!
Laura xx

Annie ~ Red Roses and Crystal said...

Our main bath has a small niche and is awaiting the glass shelving. The glass is sitting there waiting to be cut, ho hum. Just one of those unfinished little jobs!
xx

Melinda said...

can't see your pics on this post Trish - either on the email or on the blog.

Dream House Trish said...

Sorry all, thankfully I have been able to salvage this post a little!!

Darkbyte said...

Glad you did salvage this post. Love those glass shelves!!

Mimi said...

Just love glass shelves! Mimi xx

KL said...

I have this photo 'saved' in my favourite cache too! I'm planning to use the idea in our ensuite. Love it!
KL

AddThis Smart Layers