Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A barn door design to crow about

Fav Architecture Designs exterior
Image via Houzz

I am seeing an increasing trend toward  the use of barn or warehouse style doors in homes & I have to say I really do like this style when done right.

source unknown

Used as the entrance door to this house, a large door like this gives me a feeling of security, it looks like a big strong door that protects & keeps its occupants nice & safe

Shingle Style Basement Media/Office/Fitness Space contemporary media room
Image via Houzz
 
These gorgeous doors on the left really are a feature for this room


source unknown

Certainly an office space I could be inspired by...

Image via The Inside Story

The timber of this door along side the vase of sticks & leather couch really add warmth & texture to an otherwise all white scheme.

Source unknown

So many styles & uses for barn doors, they really add to the farm house feel of this gorgeous kitchen.

Image via SVK Kitchen & Bath

A fabulous pop of yellow would be a cheery sight to wake up to in the mornings, this door adds so much character to a more contemporary styled room.


Image via Massucco Warner Miller

Welcome to my humble abode....

Image via A View on Design

What an inviting entrance,
I can envision some wonderful little fairy lights entwined amongst the ivy, that lines the ceiling over the entry .
It would look rather magical, don't you think?

CHEERS
Trish xxx




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some great doors there. I think I like the first ones best. Love the black and white and they runners really dramatic.

Deb xx

MrsKT said...

Haven't seen barn doors used this way before. I love the bright yellow in the bedroom, and that kitchen is fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love barn doors and I would happily use them if I ever built a house but I have to convince hubby first, when I last mentioned it he said something about not blocking out the noise well etc... I am sure I can change his mind.
xx

Just Martha said...

We have a few modern versions in our home.Nice and heavy and sleek. No cross braces in ours - more life a warehouse version. I love them.. Clever Silver Fox...

Jenny said...

We have some old garage style doors that I really want to restore and use. Can't wait to use them properly. I love the look in all of your images Trish. ;-)

lisa mae said...

oh my goodness how amazing do those look.....
i love them my favs are one/four/seven.....yes i even
counted them hehehehe
have a great week trish lisa xx

melli said...

how gorgeous are they..i love the yellow one the most and the fourth one..love it:)

wishing you and your family a Happy Easter sweetie xoxo

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

I'm crazy for barn doors & these are so great. I wish I could have one! Maybe someday . . .

Happy Easter!

Warmly, Michele

Kym said...

Love these images...I must admit I had never thought about using barn doors..thanks for sharing.. and Happy Easter X

AddThis Smart Layers