Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Monday, October 11, 2010

The Cane Curse

Hi everyone!
Ive been a little absent when it comes to posting on my blog of late!
We have had 2 weeks of school holidays to contend with & this doesn't leave a lot of, ME time, but we also decided last minute to head to the beautiful Port Stephens on the NSW coast for a quick get away!


It was a great 4 day break, the weather was fairly average but the kids didn't mind, they still paddled in the surf & swam for hours at the resort pool, as kids do!



Don't you just have to have a little giggle when your kids have their goggles on...he he he!

Now my dream guy isn't a fan of holidays, so we never go away & if we do, its only for 3-4 days MAX.
He just hasn't mastered the skill of relaxation!!


Now he likes to stay some where comfortable, so when we booked our last minute accomodation
( as we always do, I mean who plans a holiday in advance. Oh that's right, 90% of the population!!)
He was pleased to announce that we would be staying in a 2 bedroom self contained unit hat had been fully refurbished...sounds lovely!


Now don't get me wrong, it was clean & tidy, but more dated than refurbished.


We have a little history of EVERY WHERE we stay ALWAYS has an uncomfortable CANE lounge


& what do you know, there she was, in all her uncomfortable splendour,
Yes my friends we had once again been bitten by

THE CURSE OF THE CANE LOUNGE!!!

We certainly had to laugh when we saw it

Does this happen to you, are you holiday stalked by cane lounges?


We explored many beaches


 Did a lot of fun things, like building sand castles


We went on a 4wd tour along Stockton beach.
 Its a 32km long beach & covered with constantly moving sand dunes.
You can take a camel ride, but boy did they smell! 


Going up & down sand dunes, was heaps of fun...


We did sand boarding on the dunes, which is definitely something everyone should try, just be sure to keep your mouth shut, I was crunching on sand for hours after!

We then went on a dolphin watch cruise & saw a fair few dolphins frolicking, the highlight of the trip for my dream child No.3 was riding the boom net out the back of the boat.

It was a fabulous break for the 4 of us, my older two girls spent the week with old friends in the Blue Mountains & they also had a great holiday, it was kind of strange going away with out them, I felt like I had forgotten something.

I highly recommend Port Stephens as a great family holiday destination, with endless things to do for all ages. Restaurants & beautiful sights galore! 



12 comments:

NATURAL MODERN INTERIORS said...

Hi Trish, Not that I am fussy when it comes to my choice of accommodation selection but sometimes we not only stumble across the cane lounge but also the yellow and blue patterned lounge (thinking Sunshine Coast here!). If only I had a chance to chat to the owners :) Have fun, Lisa

GoldenValley50 said...

Sounds like a great holiday Trish. I also find it difficult to master the Art of Relaxation on holidays. I usually find myself lying around the resort pool thinking about how I would go about re-designing the landscape plan or re-decorating the unit. I REALLY need to get a life! ;)Sharyne

Just Martha said...

Sounds just wonderful Trish. The Silver Fox too is adverse to relaxation such that we had our first holiday in six (6) years this year!!!! Oh dear. I must boss him more...

Tara said...

Yes ,I also loath the cane lounge. We've just booked a holiday to Surfers Paradise in January and my one condition was it had to be a little bit fancy( I didn't think I was asking to much)..No cane lounges in sight...YIPPEE!!

iheartart said...

Hi Trish - looks a like a great break - you need to seriously reform your husband though, 4 days would be like torture - you finally relax & it's time to go home. I find a great deal of nagging & giving them no choice in the matter works well for me.......

Katie

Raine and Sage said...

You made me laugh at the 'curse of the cane lounge'. You nailed it! :) Otherwise looks like you all had a fantastic time, and those sand dunes looked like heaps of fun. Sonia x

The Decorating Emporium said...

Say no to cane lounges in holiday apartments! Glad you had a good break, I'm a bit like your Dream Guy, four days is enough for me. However, we're going to Fiji for 7 nights soon, don't know how I'll go with that. Wish me luck.

Jenny said...

Glad you all had such a fun time Trish, despite the dreaded cane lounge! ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a laugh! The cane lounge curse! Glad you see the funny side of it! I giggle at my son who insists on times on wearing his goggles....in bed?! Don't ask. And we are planning a holiday on the NSW coast with friends from Wagga. Thought we'd meet somewhere...maybe this is the place. will have to look it up on the map to see how far North! Looks like there's heaps to do and see. Thanks for sharing your lovely family photos with us.
X Briohny.

Beautiful House said...

Hi Trish, great photos, looks like a nice place to visit. Sam

Jennifer, Decorum said...

Hi Trish,
Glad you had a nice holiday inspite of the cane lounge. What's with holiday apartments, cane furniture and gaudy fabrics. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my makeover.
Jennifer XX

Millie said...

Hate the way the cane lounge leaves big welts on the back of your legs for hours - BIG YUK!! Looks like Port Stephens sans the cane was just lovely Trish.
Millie ^_^

AddThis Smart Layers