Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Friday, September 17, 2010

Loving Roman Shades

 AB Home Interiors

A Life's Design

Good Life of Design


Decor pad

Cote De Texas

House of Turquoise



VT Interiors

Elle Decore

Every where you look you see these fabulous blinds.
 I have always loved Roman shades & I am seriously falling for them made from natural materials such as bamboo & sea grass.
A great way to add a little extra warmth into a room.
They also suit a range of decor styles & are budget friendly!!

Don't you just love them!

CHEERS
Trish xxx
P.S some of these images have been in my inspiration files for a while,so I'm not sure where I have collected them from. If there are any from your place let me know & by the way, I love your style!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Trish, I love these pics you have; isnt it funny how something (such as these blinds) can be in your `definently dont like` files, then it can be used in a certain way you havent seen before and all of a sudden, you change your mind about it totally! I never used to like these blinds, but seeing so much of them lately, very nice!! I do hope you get things sorted out with your builder, or a new builder. 100 k is a LOT of money over budget!! Sounds so unprofessional. Good luck sorting it all. It will happen! One day you will be in your `dream home`!!
hugs, Laura xxx

Anonymous said...

The best part about these stylish blinds is they are AFFORDABLE! That would be the first time in this build that I have found something I like AND it comes in under budget! Great inspiration here, thankyou Trish.
Have a great weekend.
X Briohny.

Georgy said...

I agree also love Roman blinds. Have white ones over our French doors leading out to our deck and pale bamboo one on internal French doors. They are so affordable to just got them from Bunnings but they look great. By the way great to discover this blog today, will certainly put you one to follow on mine.

Blogs said...

I want that chest! darling! have a happy friday-congrats on being featured today:) muahh

GoldenValley50 said...

I have bad memories of bamboo blinds! I absolutely LOVE them but purchased some a few years back for my verandah and they all went mouldy! Might be something about living in the tropics - all that moisture and humidity. They are beautiful images thought! Thanks for sharing. :)Sharyne

Life in the Country Lane said...

I love these blinds. I have them in my living room and office. Very affordable - I bought mine from Freedom. Great images Trish. Have a lovely weekend.
Rebecca x

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, they look great don't they. You have given me something to have a think about... As everyone has mentioned they are so affordable - what a nice change! ;-)

Paper Tree Studio said...

Love the earthiness they bring to the interiors. It also just shows that they can work with many different styles, and easy on the budget too!
Thanks for sharing Trish. Hope you had a great weekend. Michelle

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

YES I love them, and they are so well priced on Overstock! I got my porch ones (the Dali shades) for less then $25 each, they are 27in x 72in. Love it.

Mimi said...

Hi Trish,

Love the blinds, I have some hanging on the outside of my windows to filter the sun. Mimi

AddThis Smart Layers