Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bedside lights with a difference

Image via A page of Inspiration

I love the idea of pendant lights or chandeliers as bedside lights, something a little different to the usual lamp


I love how they leave the bedsides free to display something pretty...

Images via Decor pad

I love these lanterns for a touch of whimsy.

Source unknown

These pendants add a very elegant touch to a  formal bedroom, complimenting the extremely beautiful sunburst mirror, without over powering it.
I wonder if this is a guest bedroom or does someone out there have children that would love & respect such an incredible space.
I know my kids wouldn't, they like to add their own little style stamp to their bedrooms!!!

Nicky Hilton's bedroom

Image via Houzz

Very glamorous, what can I say...

 I'm really loving these Plume lights at the moment

They are available through Mercator lighting here in Australia.
I love a pair of these pendants for the bedside & the ceiling mounted version for over the bath in the ensuite, to connect the two rooms.

Image via Urban Farm girl

Here is one in action!

Do you have a chandelier or two in your bedroom?


9 comments:

Blogs said...

yeah so i'm gonna really need to stop coming over here...your just making me what to get the hell out of this condo quicker than i really can:) these are amazing. i love the zebra chairs...i saw 2 in TJMAXX that i want to get but i have no storage! the reason we need our own house! xoxo

Just Martha said...

No good for me being a serial furniture mover but heavenly all the same. So looking forward to you building Trish. Can't wait to watch your journey...

GoldenValley50 said...

I'd be worred about pumping my head on them everytime I got out of bed! They are beautiful however. I would love to have a chandelier in my bedroom however I have ceiling fan smack bang in middle of the ceiling which is where I would want to put it. Hope you have managed to sort out your builders? :)Sharyne

lisa mae said...

i love the hanging lights.......and your pics are fantastic, and yup we have two chandeliers, but we are selling our house so might have to buy another one hehe lisa xox

Tara said...

Hey Trish,Loving the chandeliers. I'm on the hunt for new bedside lamps as we're redoing our bedroom.I'll show off the finished product soon( I hope)..xx

Viera said...

Nice light fitting make such a difference in any room.
You picked great images.
X
V

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hi Trish, I love this "over the bed chandelier look" also. I wonder if they're good for reading in bed?

Warmly, Michelle

Ladii said...

LOVE it these are so pretty makes me want to go shopping hahaha, As for the room with the twin beds Funny I didnt think of it as a kids room or a guest room! the first thing that popped into my head was Old days like Ricky and Lucy where the beds are separated! Thats what I want Onli with My own kind size lol The mr can have the twin!

Cherie said...

Hi Trish, thanks for adding me. Love this post re Bedroom Lighting, one thing I'm kind of stuck on, thanks for the inspiration! Have you seen my post about the pendant lights I've bought for my Ddining Room and Media Room?

AddThis Smart Layers