Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A light find



My dream guy is an electrician, who runs his own electrical contracting company.
 I realize now is the moment to give his business a little plug, after all this is a subject in his area of expertise, & he made this fabulous find. SO if you're in the Newcastle/ Hunter Valley are & your in need of a VERY GOOD sparky, he is your guy.
He does all manner of  electrical work from domestic, commercial & industrial. Whether its a new build, a renovation, air con installation, garden lights, lighting layout or a simple power point he is the man for the job. He is a perfectionist, a neat freak, he has awesome time management skills, which make him very efficient & he is very good at fault finding.
 He has completed many projects including tunnel lights on The Great Western Highway at Leura  for the RTA, nursing homes, retirement villages, maintenance, repairs & installations in large factories, shop fit outs, testing & tagging of electrical appliances for many businesses, he even changes light globes from time to time.
MJE ELECTRICAL
0417 945 526
Okay Okay, that's my dream guy's moment in the spotlight, now onto his fabulous find....


Isn't she pretty...

He replaced this 3 tier pendant light for a lady & she asked him to take it away for her....

This was about 2 years ago & he has had it sitting in a box in the workshop ever since...

Today he happened upon it & thought I might like it or Know some one that would...

I have to say I really do love it & so did my dream child No.1
We thought perhaps we could hang it in one corner of her bedroom in the new house, placing an accent chair underneath, giving her a place to dump more stuff  little reading nook in her room. We would then need to add in a couple of gold accents around the room to tie it in.

Ikea  Levanger Mirror

Perhaps a gold full length mirror...

A few gold photo frames...


Or possibly a sunburst mirror.

What do you think, should we keep this one ?
Sell it on eBay?
 or possibly even paint it or rub it back to silver?

CHEERS
Trish xxx
  

4 comments:

brismod said...

Trish, if I had that in my possession you know I'd be keeping it and leaving it as is. It would make a funky accent light for a reading nook. How lucky are you to be married to an electrician too!!

Ez said...

LOVE the light! How could he have had it all this time and we not know??!!

Oh and he'll be happy to know that we have purchased a ladder at work and just this week changed our own light bulb ;-) lol. xx

Tara said...

Hey Trish,my mum lives in Newcastle so I'll pass on your guys details..The lights a keeper..xx

Get Nestled In said...

Hi Trish! I love that light fixture! I could really use your hubby's expertise around my house! I need a light here, and here, and pendant lighting over there....
Hope you and yours have been enjoying the summer months!

T.bird

AddThis Smart Layers