Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Monday, August 9, 2010

Bathroom beauty

House Beautiful Showcase House bathroom

Subway subway subway!!!


Bathrooms bathroom

I am a huge fan of white subway tiles in the bathroom paired with some small square tiles or mosaics for a feature & a nice border tile like a chair rail , then on the floor either a large square tile in a cream colour or a white hexagonal tile. 


Lori Gilder of Interior Makeovers Inc. traditional bathroom

Just a little colour with some glorious white...
Three of a kind traditional bathroom

I love the detailing in these tiles


Three of a kind traditional bathroom

A very nice feature light, great for when you want to apply a bit of make-up

KitchenLab traditional bathroom

Oh look, more subway tile & they're white, I'm sensing a pattern here!!!

little girls bathroom by Valerie Pedersen Interior Design traditional bathroom

I love the hexagonal floor tiles...


Sheryl Dessa Tart traditional bathroom
Especially with the subway wall tiles, I think I am definitely a modern traditional
kinda gal, with a few Hampton's beach house desires!!!


dominomag-freestanding bath traditional bathroom

The Moravian star light fixture fits just perfectly in this setting, don't you think?



Schoen: A House in the Hamptons traditional bathroom


I love the look of a chandelier over the bath, but I don't think I would like the responsibility of having to keep it clean.
How about you?

I'm off tomorrow to choose my tiles & all of the joinery for the kitchen, vanities &  laundry. I know exactly what I want & I plan to take plenty of inspiration pics to visually explain my ideas. I have made a bit of a design portfolio for every room in the house, to make it simple to explain myself to the trades involved & my dream guy of course.
I have spent the entire design  process asking my dream guy if he likes this idea or that style & he has always given me a very uninterested response, such as "Do whatever you want babe, its your house" OR " Whatever babe, I trust you to do a nice job of it, Ive got NO idea"...Sounds like every girls dream...RIGHT... well it hasn't been bad until now. He is going to come along while we meet with the tile shop etc, which sounds lovely, finally he has become interested, BUT, what if he now wants to have an OPINION!!!
I have it all planned & I don't want to have to compromise, EWWW!!!
Someone PLEASE call him with an electrical emergency in the morning so he is busy & I can have my own way....He He He....sinister plot, I know!!!!
All jokes aside, I'm sure he will be a good boy & I won't need to divorce before lunch, after all, he has free design range in his man cave!
How do you go with your other half when it comes to decor decisions?
Do you have the same tastes or are you like us & live on completely different decor planets, or in my dream guy's case, era's. The 80's where a good time & mission brown was a real feature!!!

I will update you on how the day pans out!
CHEERS
Trish xxx

7 comments:

Life in the Country Lane said...

Some great bathroom pics, and tiles Trish. Good luck with the tile etc shopping. My M has no interest in 'materialistic' items whatsoever!! No desire to decorate, purchase, help out at all! But I know as soon as I bring in a new item to the house its 'what is that' 'what do we need that for' 'wouldnt it be better left as is' - dont paint it!
Of course I say nothing and keep painting - he always likes the end result! Have a lovely week.
Rebecca x

Millie said...

Trish you are soooo organized! You will be a dream client when you are out & about putting in your final orders. MOTH & I are banned from most places now, as security needs to be called in to pull us apart.
Millie ^_^

brismod said...

That will be a lot of fun choosing your tiles. Your bathroom will be gorgeous judging by what you are using as inspiration. Jason and I agree about most things but we do differ when it comes to brass vs chrome.

Blogs said...

I love white bathrooms:) so pretty, elegant and classy! Have fun, I know you will:)

Ange said...

Great bathroom pics Trish. I bet you eat at SUBWAY just because of the name right? ;o)
I'm lucky like you, hubby lets me do whatever I want. Can't complain about that!
Angex

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, by now you have probably been to the tile shop. I hope you had great success and you are getting your dream bathroom and kitchen. Let us know how it all went... Loved your inspirational pics by the way. ;-)

Anonymous said...

A bit like you, my husband shows no interest until it is time to decide. We have similar tastes, but I find his lack of interest and therfore the responsbility of selecting things solo, a bit overwhelming. I am much more willing to take a risk whereas hubby likes to play it safe - so I hope that doesn't translate as boring. He pulls me back to reality when I get carried away with ideas - I think he can hear the ca-ching of the cash registers as I dream away aloud! Ah, fun and games! Have fun selecting!
X Briohny.

AddThis Smart Layers