Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Monday, July 19, 2010

A dining dilema update

My current chairs....

A quick update on my dining chair dilemma....
Thanks to the fabulous Briohny over at French doors and verandahs  making the logical suggestion ,that I should measure the chairs to see if they would actually be able to be pushed in at the table,
or they may take up a lot of extra space in the room. I took this advice & discovered they are to tall.
What a bummer!!!!!!

My inspiration picture....

So this beautiful image will just have to live in my inspiration file to tease me each time I see it!!
Oh well my dream guy has been saved from some serious nagging!!!
Thank you for all of the wonderful advice you all gave me, it looks like wicker is a wonderful hard wearing, can't kill it , even if you tried kind of chair, unless of course you treat them to to much sun!!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx

12 comments:

CherylT said...

Too tall certainly is a bummer, but I'm sure you'll find something that fits soon enough. Please keep us updated.

lisa mae said...

something i didn't even think about before buying my dining table on ebay........hope you find the perfect chairs {maybe the louies will fit?????} lisa

Viera said...

I love wicker. What about use them only as carvers. Mix and match.
Have a lovely day
X
V

Unknown said...

Oh drats! Are they WAY too tall? Could you put little extra lenghts on the bottom of your your table legs to make the table higher or something?
I dunno, just my last ditch attempt in helping you get your wicker chairs :) That was very lucky Briohny suggested the mesuring wasn't it.
Jxx

Ez said...

Surely there would be others that would fit? Besides M needs a good nag every now and then ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh no Trish! I know my suggestion was practical but I didn't want to put an end to your dream! I only suggested this because my in-laws made that very mistake and now their large dining area is crammed and awkward! What about an outdoor area you could use them in. The chair is beuatiful. Don't give up!
X Briohny.
PS; Yes you and I do have very similar taste in homes.Thanks to you my inspiration folder keeps expanding!

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

Hi Trish. What a bummer. You know, if you really love that look though maybe you could try and think of a way to get the right fit. Maybe heighten your table or cut down the chair legs a bit? Or maybe even invest in a new table with a shallow apron??? They are gorgeous chairs (and look so comfy too). If it's not be though I'm sure you'll find something you love just as much soon.
Kristine
xx

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, I have just been catching up on the dining room table and chair postings... I am in the same boat - That Briohny is a clever possum! What a shame it doesn't fit. I have enjoyed the little online stroll through 1825 interiors - thanks for the link. Keep us posted on what you decide. I also love the HB look.

Paper Tree Studio said...

Bummer!!! Okay, could you use this 'oh so cute' chair in your bedroom, or perhaps in a reading nook in your home. That way you still get to look at one everyday?! Michelle

Dream House Trish said...

Thank you all for sharing my chair sorrow & offering up ideas, Im thinking Michelle is onto something with using them to create a reading nook....Mmmmmm...the design plot thickens!!!!!!

Shaunna said...

Hey Trish! Aw, I hate that for you! I know it stinks, but maybe if you're patient you'll find some others. :) Thanks so much for your sweet comment about me being a good mom!! What a compliment and one that I'll strive for long after the parties are over. Thanks again! -shaunna :)

Laura said...

oh no trish!! how about in your alfresco area? I know it seems like a lot of money for outside, but so long as they are well undercover and if your budget allows! Shame it always comes down to that tho isnt it?!! Have a gorgeous day! Lauraxx

AddThis Smart Layers