Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Thursday, June 3, 2010

Must have Vintage Phones

Everywhere you look you see images with vintage phones used as decorator items & I have to say I love them!!!

thumbnailCAB1EWE1 Image antique telephones

I have seen so many things made from lucite, tables, chairs, trunks & now a telephone or at least thats what this one looks like, isn’t it Fantastic!!!

                      
  a lifes design
 image A Life's design

          cool phone 


            globes4

             new city pics 1

             new city pics
  New city pics

    phone2

Apartment therapy
Image Apartment Therapy

This wall of phones is at The Crosby Hotel in New York

     My black phone

This little beauty is mine, I purchased it at the local markets for $25. I was pretty happy with my purchase that day….

2010_0525Xmas20080035 

My big mirror is very heavy so we haven’t hung it, seen as though we are just renting.

Have you got a Vintage phone?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great find Trish! I have been looking for a vintage phone at a good price for a while and they are hard to come by! xx

Blogs said...

Me TOO! There is this old phone booth that we drive by every time we head to the beach and I just adore it:) So Unique!

Ez said...

I LOVE love the top pic!! I do love your phone though, those markets are on again THIS weekend, perhaps there will be another! ;-)

Ez said...

p.s I think we should have a wine...or two when you hit 30 followers!!

Get Nestled In said...

Hey there Trish! I love old vintage phones too, but have not come across any as cool as yours! I'm still on the hunt for a cool kitchen vintage scale. The one I have on my blog wasn't quite what I had in mind but I got it for a great deal. Maybe it's time for me to scour Etsy for scales and phones?? Take care chickie...

T.bird

Dream House Trish said...

Nellie I will keep an eye out for a phone at the markets, I think i may be heading your way in July so i could get it to you no worries.
Vic there is a village near me called Morpeth & it has an old red phone booth in the street, its very pretty, my kids take photos of each other in it.
ErinI was thinking if its not raining you & I could go snooping at the markets for treasures & I will have been blogging for 1 month on the 6th of June & I was hoping to have 30 followers by then, which I would love to celebrate!!! YAY!!!
T-Bird, I saw phones on ebay for around $60 that looked pretty good!!!
Cheers everyone!!

AddThis Smart Layers