Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Monday, June 14, 2010

The director of first impressions

A fabulous first impression speaks volumes, we all go to a little extra effort with our personal appearance when meeting someone for the first time, so it only makes sense that we would do the same for our homes. A fabulous entrance is the director of first impressions!!!


 

I love the combination of dark timber floors & white walls, this giant mirror bounces the light around the room & then to dress things up they have added some bling with a glittering chandelier, I'm wanting to see so much more here....


The textured stair runner & branches in the vase give this entrance a more relaxed, casual feel....


This is so light,airy & fresh, creates an image of cleanliness, I am a huge fan of monochromatic colour schemes with just a few small pops of colour to create a WOW factor.... 


How fabulous & classy do these ginger jars look, creating a point of interest....


I love this front door with sidelights....

 

What can I say, everything is gorgeous, the console table, lamps, staircase & floor tiles...
Perfect!!!


This foyer is so inviting, what beautiful doors....

 

I'm loving the colour scheme once again, not to mention that floral arrangement....



Wouldn't it be fabulous to have an entry large enough to pop a table in the centre. This place has got me swooning, dark timber, white walls, spectacular stair case, the art work fits like a glove & once again those fabulous branches for a floral arrangement...OOH LA LA !!!!

All images via Decor Pad

A very symmetrical & formal looking entrance, I can only imagine how stylish the rest of this home would be...

Each of these entrance foyers gives me an expectation of something wonderful to follow,
Definitely the "Director of first Impressions"
Wont somebody invite me in?

8 comments:

Kerry said...

Trish, I have the tiniest entry in the world...these make me so jealous!

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, love these entrances. I am a bit of a fan of the round table in the entrance. If only I had the room!!! I am toying about what to do about ours at the moment. Now that the new door is in place, it need zshusing up!

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Trish
Well I love this dark timber with the contrasting splash of blue!!! very Ralph,... and probably one of my favourite looks.. try as I might to go the all white route.. I still love dark timber.. and can't give up the blue!!!

In fact they look so great can i move in??? haha that would solve the housing dilemma.!!! Thanks for your well wishes... Hope you have a great week!!! xxx Julie

Ange said...

What a great collection of entry's/foyers.
Mine, unfortunately has become a storage area for chairs lately...looks a bit like a doctors waiting room,argh. These pics have inspired me to clear it out and let it make a statement once again. Thanks.
Angex

the old boathouse said...

Hi trish I love them all and I particularly love the owl in the third pic he is so cute cheers katherine

Unknown said...

Right back at ya Trish, I was checking out your fabulous blog at the same time;)I have only just re-started blogging and this time I am excited about sharing my new home decorating at the same time.
Great Entry's you have featured, some I will try and aspire to. I think your right, the Entry is the 1st Impression someone gets of your home life when they walk in.

Karen said...

Hi Trish, new to your blog. I completely agree that the foyer of the home should tell guests what to expect and create a good first impression.

Anonymous said...

It was a helpful workout for me to go through your webpage. It definitely stretches the limits with the mind when you learn useful information and make an effort to interpret it accurately. I am going to glance up this web site often on my PC. Thanks for sharing

AddThis Smart Layers