Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bus Roll love!!

I have spent the past 2 years dreaming of owning my own Bus Roll on canvas, you know way back before they became trendy...
Well here I am still renting, SO still waiting, which has given me plenty of time for thinking & dreaming.
As they say, the best art, is the art that has meaning to you. This led me to the idea that my bus roll should be a story of our family, our own personalised journey of the houses with have lived in on our destination to our dream house.
My dream guy & I have moved houses a fair few times since we met, he feels I have an inner gypsy, so now I just need to save a few bucks & get my sign printed on canvas.
I have a few pics here that I used for inspiration, as I mentioned I have been saving these for about 2 years now so I don't know the sources...sorry!!!







As you can see they are a very versatile style of art work, looking good in all interior styles, contemporary, rustic, traditional, beachy...
 A must have item!!!

I have been following a lovely blog called My sweet prints & it must be fate because it turns out that Janette is a graphic designer & illustrator with an online store that prints personalised canvas bus scrolls, so I know exactly where to go when I'm ready to place my order. She is also situated in Sydney, Australia so I know its not a problem to have it shipped, YAY!!!!
 Go check out her gallery here

Do you have one of these fabulous works of art ?

8 comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

I love Bus Rolls and I keep thinking I need to do one! I ended up taking a canvas I had and making the Keep Calm and Carry On. It turned out pretty well. I had to draw the crown by hand and that was a little interesting. I know everyone has that these days but I was proud to do it myself!

I'd love to see what you come up with as your family theme. You can make your own. I am now a follower. Hey thanks for becoming a follower but I can't see your pretty face under my follower list, wonder why!

P.S. We should go to a meeting together, for design magazine anonymous, lol!

Amanda said...

I've loved the bus roll look for ages too but also wanted the destinations to be meaningful to our family. I was going to get one custom made but then saw Janette's cute twist on the busroll and ordered one of her 'Bedtime Busroll' prints to hang outside my daughter's bedroom. I love it and each time I look at it, it makes me smile. Your should definitely get one made with places to suit you, I think art should be meaningful to its owners too. Hope you're enjoying your weekend x

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much Trish for including MY SWEET PRINTS in your post!!! That's so nice of you! And I look forward to making a Bus Scroll for you and your family to hang in your dream house :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!
Jxx

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, thanks for your lovely comments, they made me laugh... I too love the bus scroll and it just shows that you are way ahead of the game in the trends stakes if you have been researching them for over 2 years!!! I look forward to seeing one in your new dream house. :-)

Kym said...

Hi Trish I love bus rolls too...love the idea of personalising it by adding all the places you have lived..fantastic. Kym X

Sunny said...

I have to display my ignorance. What is a Bus Roll?

Laura said...

Hi Trish, love the bus rolls! They always look great! Thankyou so much for your lovely comments yesterday, you are so sweet! Hope you did have a great weekend and I love the new blog design too!!
Hugs to you,
Laura xxx

Ez said...

I cant wait to see your bus roll, although its lucky your only going to include your lil families moving history, if you included ours into it you'd have a whole wall of bus rolls!

I have to say I LOVE the last pic the most!! x

AddThis Smart Layers